Miso soup is a life saver on this diet as it breaks the monotony of cold beverages throughout the day. It also supplies your body with much needed nutrients, salt, protein, and essential nutrients. Miso is rich in B Vitamins, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, and folic acid.
This soup is also fermented, which provides food that promotes the growth of good gut bacteria – something we all need! Warm, comfort, savory, wholesome – are all thoughts that come to mind when I enjoy a nice bowl of homemade miso broth.
This recipe was published in the cookbook “The Art of Cooking with Cannabis: CBD and THC-Infused Recipes from Across America” by Tracy Medeiros. This book was given a 2021 Readable Feast Awards, Honorable Mention.
Mise en place:
- 2 tablespoons organic non-gmo red miso paste
- 3 green onions finely minced
- 1/4 cup firm tofu cut into squares
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups filtered water
- Flora + Best CBD Sleep Tincutre
- Bring the filtered water, extra virgin olive oil and miso paste to a boil. Break up the miso paste in the water with a wooden spoon. Work it in the water until it dissolves.
- Add the green onions and tofu. Drop to a simmer and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- At this point, enjoy as is, or you can add the CBD tincture to the broth. It adds a wonderful nutty and earthy flavor to the broth.
- Serve and enjoy! You can double this recipe and save some for later in the refrigerator.