Raw Cannabis Kava Banana Nice Cream
You scream, I scream, we all scream, for Kava Banana Nice Cream! A wonderfully delicious and healthy dairy free option – this creamy dessert is sure to please even the most die-hard ice cream lover. A smooth blend of frozen bananas, full-fat coconut milk, vanilla, coconut butter, and kava powder – this recipe is easier than any traditional ice cream could dream of being.
Fu’u kava powder is used in this recipe as it possesses a complex coconut and roasted tree nut like flavor. This strain also is not as bitter as some other varieties making it the perfect addition to any banana nice cream recipe. Fu’u brings about a social euphoria that is akin to a very good social sativa. It inspires conversation, good mood, light hardheartedness, and creativity. Really, the perfect night cap after a dinner with friends on the weekend!
The roasted coconut and tree nut flavor profiles of this strain marry harmoniously with the tropical flavor of the bananas and creamy coconut milk. The addition of the coconut butter adds a depth and buttery mouthfeel to the banana nice cream. A combination that might have you replacing dairy ice cream really soon! You can also add a splash of raw cannabis in the form of decorative raw “candied” sugar leaves. Or you can blend a few fan leaves into the ice cream for a nutritional boost. Enjoy with your friends and loved ones for an ultra-decadent treat without all the guilt!
Mise en place:
- 5 frozen organic bananas
- 3 tbs coconut butter
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon powdered Fu’u kava*
- A few fan leaves for decoration or to blend
- 1/8th teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- Break up the bananas and add them to a high-powered blender. Add the coconut butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract, kava, fan leaves if wanted, and xanthan gum.
- Blend until the mixture becomes a creamy soft serve. You can add more coconut milk if you want to thin the consistency or add less to make it thicker.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Decorate with fan leaves and fresh fruit. Any unused portion can be saved in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
- Break up the bananas and add them to a high-powered blender. Add the coconut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the coconut milk to a bowl and the xanthan gum. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Take some cheesecloth and add the kava powder to the center. Tie it up and place it into the coconut milk. Let the powder soak for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze the kava while kneading it in the coconut milk for 2 more minutes.
- Add the milk to the bananas, sun butter, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture becomes a creamy soft serve. You can add more coconut milk if you want to thin the consistency or add less to make it thicker.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Any unused portion can be saved in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Yield: 4 Servings
*For beginners, I recommend 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon for this batch of Vegan Kava Banana Ice Cream. You can increase it as you get used to the medicinal effects of the kava. You can add up to 1 tablespoon if you want a stronger effect.Share this: