Zero Waste CBD Coconut Milk
The state of grocery stores is an absolute mess right now during the coronavirus outbreak. And trying to buy any plant-based milk for Vegan’s or people who have dairy issues might actually end in a fist fight. Store shelves are being stripped bare of most convenience foods in a heart beat. Thankfully, I am going to share with you a simple 2 ingredient (3 if you add cbd) recipe I came up with last June. It is creamy, delicious, Vegan, zero waste, and extremely easy to whip up.
This recipe also does not have any filler, thickening agents, or preservatives. So you can feel good about putting this in your body. By using canned coconut milk you will be able to bypass refrigerated coconut or dairy-free milk in the plant-based section at your grocery store. You will also be able to make it as needed with no worries of running out to the store as you will have several cans in stock. And if you are asking how canned coconut milk is zero waste – it is because metal can be recycle indefinitely. So you can feel good about your health and the environment at the same time.
Mise en place:
- 1 can 15 oz full fat coconut milk (stock up with 6-8 cans or more)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Dosed CBD isolate powder (measure out the mg dosage you want per cup – this recipe makes about 10 cups) OR 2-4 single packets of Gemstone CBD sugar.
- Add the canned coconut milk to a vitamix or blender with the maple syrup and powdered cbd if desired (or Gemstone CBD infused sugar). Do not add CBD if this is for children unless recommend by a doctor.
- Fill up the blender line to 64 oz with filtered water or 49 oz of water.
- Blend on high for 1 minute. Then pour into a glass jar. Refrigerate and consume within 7 days.
- Note: This mixture will separate after 24 hrs as there are no added stabilizers to keep it homogenized. This is completely normal and natural. Simply shake well before serving and enjoy!