Raw Cannabis French Vanilla Ice Cream with Allspice Orange Honey Butter Kief Swirls
This week I got many requests through my Facebook mail and Twitter DM’s to create something sweet that would be astonishingly simple and easy to make. Overwhelmingly many people suggested a medicated ice cream for this week’s blog post. In Colorado, cannabis ice cream is a huge seller for many patients as it something anyone can enjoy any time of the year.
This recipe combines homemade Raw French Vanilla ice cream with allspice orange honey butter kief swirls. Don’t fret – you can also purchase store bought ice cream for this recipe. You can use kief that has been slowly collected over time in your grinders or you can buy it from a dispensary. I created this recipe this past Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit when served alongside pie. This is also a great recipe that can be used during the hotter months or even when you are craving a sundae.
Mise en place:
- 6 grams kief
- 1.5 quart of organic raw French Vanilla ice cream or store-bought ice cream
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 3 pads organic butter
- 2 shots vodka
- 1 tablespoon vanilla oil extract
- 1 teaspoon pureed fresh bud
- 1 teaspoon orange oil extract
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a pan on the lowest setting combine the butter, vodka, vanilla oil, orange oil, allspice, cinnamon and kief. Stir this mixture occasionally as it cooks to keep uniform consistency. The alcohol will cook out of this mixture while on the stove.
- Cook for 60 minutes. Then pull from stove and cool for 5 minutes. Add the honey and raw bud to the mixture and stir. During the 5 minutes your honey butter is cooling, scoop out all of the ice cream into a bowl and whip it into a soft serve state with a spoon.
- If you are using store bought ice cream, take the carton of ice cream and scoop 1 layer of ice cream back into the container. Then pour a thin layer of honey butter on top of the ice cream. Repeat. An ice cream layer and honey butter layer until you have used up both products. Put into the freezer for 30-60 minutes until the layers have set.
- If you are using homemade ice cream, follow directions in line 3 but use an 8×8 pan instead.
- You have just made yourself a simple yet gourmet medicated ice cream that will swirl each time you take a scoop. This recipe makes 12 servings at 1/2 cup each with 1/2 gram of kief in it. If you feel this is too much kief reduce to 1/4 gram or if you feel this is too little increase to 1 gram. Scoop, maybe drizzle a little more honey with a cinnamon stick on top to garnish and enjoy! 🙂