Gluten-Free Banana Kush Cannamilk
After a glorious hike up the COG Railway and Barr trail with a friend, we ended up stopping in Manitou Springs at The Spice of Life for some delicious organic food to refuel. I was having a hard time deciding what to drink as I had already guzzled 16 ounces of a Chai Latte at 6am that morning. My friend randomly looked over to a sign that said “Banana Milk” and pointed it out saying that I should try that.
Instantly after hearing the words “Banana Milk”, my brain screamed “YES!” and I ordered it. After hours of hiking this was the most delightful and refreshing drink I have had in a very long time. Now, I bring you the medicated version of this enjoyable and unique drink with Banana Kush kief. This is the perfect recovery drink after a long day that will help to relax your muscles, aid in any pain that you may have and help facilitate a well needed nap. Enjoy!
Mise en place:
- 2 cups whole milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 vanilla yogurt (optional)
- 1 extra large banana or 2 large bananas for a thicker drink
- 1 gram Banana Kush kief
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk* (optional for more sweetness)
- In a double boiler on the lowest setting on the stove combine the 2 cups milk or coconut milk and Banana Kush kief.
- Simmer on the lowest setting for 1 hour making sure to stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. The volume of the milk will reduce over 1 hour hence why you will be using 2 cups.
- After the hour is up, pull from the stove and pour into a glass container. Let your Banana Kush Cannamilk completely cool in the fridge before the next step.
- Take the cooked Banana Kush Cannamilk and add it to a blender. Add the banana(s), vanilla extract, and then process on high. Do a taste test to decided whether or not you would like it sweeter. If so, add sweetened condensed milk then blend until you reach your desired sweetness. You may also choose to add in 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt for an even thicker smoothie like drink. Enjoy!