Vegan Mandala Coconut Spiced Chai
Mise en place:
- 8 teaspoons loose black tea
- 6 pods cardamom
- 5 mini cinnamon sticks
- 3 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons black pepper2 teaspoons fresh ginger root
- 3 teaspoons honey2 teaspoons oil vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 gram decarbed Mandala kief or any strain of your choice
- Grind up the pepper, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves together. Add to 8 cups of water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cook the spices on medium for 10 minutes. Then add loose leaf black tea. Steep for about 8 minutes.
- Strain out the spices/tea then add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and all of the honey. Pour this mixture into a jar and now you have 16 servings of the tea base.
- Now, in a pan on the very lowest setting melt 1 tablespoon of raw coconut oil with 1 gram of Mandala #1, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon almond oil. Cook for 50 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 cup of your tea mixture to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes. Finally add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and let the pan continue for a final 5 minutes. Strain into a cup and enjoy with some delicious morning edibles 🙂