Raw Vegan Chocolate Dipped Dehydrated Fruit
?Dehydrated Papaya and Pineapples Dipped in Raw Vegan Chocolate? YES, PLEASE! ?This is a treat I make for our family, the fruit varies depending on what I buy or what is in season (I also have dipped persimmons). If you are sensitive to caffiene like us, don’t go overboard eating these. But it certainly makes a great treat during the holidays or as a gift for people!
If you want the adult version, you can easily infuse these with cannabis or hemp extracts. For CBD, you could add CBD isolate sea salt or infuse CBD oil into the cacao butter. You can also make hemp or cannabis infused vanilla extract. Basically, the cacao butter, vanilla extract, sea salt, or any powdered isolate can be added to infuse this recipe. Just get creative with it and have fun!
Mise en place:
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1 whole papaya
- 3/4 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/4 cup raw blue agave nectar
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or fresh beans deseeded
- A few pinches finely ground pink Himalayan sea salt
Directions for dehydrated fruit:
- Thinly slice the pineapple and papaya then lay on a mesh dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 118 degrees for about 24hrs (start in the mid morning and pull as soon as you wake up).
Directions for chocolate (to be made before the fruit is ready):
- Temper the cacao butter in a double boiler or dehydrator, no higher than 118 (this allows you to throw it in while you are dehydrating). Use a thermal gun if using a double boiler to watch the temperature.
- Whisk in the other ingredients until fully combined and tempered, then pour into molds.
- Set in fridge. Use the chocolate as needed in culinary applications. Good to have on hand instead of buying it at the store.
Directions for dipping:
- Melt and temper the chocolate melting point of chocolate falls between 86°F and 90°F in dehydrator or double boiler.
- Dip dehydrated fruit and lay down on a nonstick slip pad or wax paper in the fridge until set.
- Enjoy! I store mine in the fridge but you can send as gifts.