Gluten-Free Brandy Vanilla Kush Egg Nog
This New Year, I want to celebrate with an old favorite recipe I wrote for StickyGuide back in December of 2010. But this time, I decided to switch a few things in honor of the coming 2013 year and share it with you all, as nothing is more comforting or obligatory than egg nog during the holiday season. When paired with a molasses flushed cannabis strain and brandy, this drink is taken to another level of deliciousness. Enjoy by the fireside with friends and family before dinner as a apéritif or after dinner as a digestif.
Mise en Place:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Kush (flushed with molasses) cannabutter*
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon allspice reserve
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- In a saucepan on the lowest setting combine the brandy, Vanilla Kush cannabutter, and vanilla extract until the cannabutter has melted. Now add the nutmeg, allspice and clove to the pan and continue to heat this mixture for 15 minutes on the lowest setting. Strain the mixture and set aside to cool completely at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a stand mixer or by hand in a bowl with whisk, combine the eggs, heavy cream, sugar and cannabis brandy mixture until it forms thick peaks. Pour into 4 glasses and sprinkle the allspice reserve on top of the drinks. Add a cinnamon stick to each glass and enjoy!