Devil’s Hashish Cake with Almond Milk Ganache
I would say cupcakes could easily be a girl’s best friend. Sweet, light and fluffy, delicious, and delicate – what is there not to love? These devil’s cake cupcakes take it to the next level with the spicy sandalwood flavors of hash and nutty flavors of almond milk. This is one cupcake recipe you don’t want to miss out on befriending!
Mise en place for the cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 gram decarbed headband sieve hash or any hash of your preference
Mise en place for the ganache:
- 2 cups bitter-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
Directions for the cake:
- Put a nonstick pan on the stove at the lowest temperature. Slowly melt the butter in the pan. While the butter is melting, chop the hash up with a french knife to the finest dice possible. Add the hash to the butter and cook on low for 30 minutes. Pull off the stove, pour into a container and let it cool to room temperature.
- When the hash butter is cooling, line 2 cupcake pans with 24 liners and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. When the butter is ready, gather all the necessary ingredients to get your cupcakes started.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda into a bowl. Mix with a whisk then slowly add hash butter, milk and vanilla. Lastly, add the eggs and whisk till emulsified.
- Fill the 24 cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes. I would suggest running 1 test cupcake to see how long it takes for the cake to rise and cook thoroughly in your oven. That way you will not over bake or under bake your cupcakes.
Directions for ganache/finishing your cupcakes:
- Let your cupcakes cool completely on a rack when they are done baking. When they are cold to your touch then you can go ahead and start your ganache.
- In a double broiler, melt 2 cups of bittersweet chocolate with a wooden spoon on low heat. It is very important to pay attention to the heat otherwise you can burn your chocolate. Always keep the chocolate moving by stirring with the wooden spoon throughout the entire process.
- When all of the bitter-sweet chocolate has melted, slowly add 1 cup of vanilla almond milk. You need to temper the mixture by pouring the milk very slowly but stirring very fast. This will prevent the liquid from seizing the chocolate.
- Mix the mixture until it is fully incorporated, then it is time to dip your lovely hashish cupcakes. Turn the cupcakes upside down, dip into the ganache to the paper line, twist and pull out. Let the mixture harden at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Decorate and enjoy 🙂