CBD Ginger Hot Shots
Right now, at this very moment, there is no better time than plant medicine. Nature, God, mother earth – has given us all that we need which grows freely on this earth. Using the holistic healing powers of ginger, lime, turmeric, cayenne, l-glutamine, and CBD – this tonic is a must have daily immune system booster.
You may be asking yourself why should I even bother? The simple answer is that this shot is full of vitamin c, antioxidants, minerals, amino acids, and anti-inflammatory agents that boost your immune response to the environments potential bad guys. And right now, each and every one of us could use that. Especially those who have issues with their immune system.
Mise en place:
- 2 whole hand sized ginger roots
- 4 limes
- 1/16th teaspoon cayenne or two pinches
- 1/16th teaspoon tumeric or two pinches
- 1/8th teaspoon bulk concentrated Vegan L-Glutamine or 200mg
- CBD tincture or oil
- Break apart the ginger with the skin intact and peel the limes. Add both to a juicer and collect the juice in a glass jar as it runs off.
- Once all of the ginger root and limes have been juiced, stir in the cayenne and tumeric.
- Store in the fridge. When it is time to take a shot, simply pour out into a small shot glass. Then stir in the l-glutamine and CBD (dose will be bottle/brand specific). You can also mix it into orange juice to help get it down. Take this shot daily or during flu season.
- For children, only administer about 5 ml or 1 teaspoon without the l-glutamine and CBD. DO NOT give the ginger straight to your child but rather mix it into some orange or apple juice. Give once a day or during peak flu season.
- Lastly, CBD can interact with some medications. Generally the rule of thumb is, if your medication interacts with grapefruit, don’t take CBD. Always check with your doctor before consuming CBD. Here is a list of some known interactions, though it is not a complete list, so ask your doctor!
- Calcium channel blockers
- Benzodiazepines such as Xanax
- HIV antivirals
- Beta blockers