Hemp Citrus Sprite
Have you ever wondered if you could juice the peels of a citrus? You might be thinking, well that sounds weird and that you would rather compost the peels in your garden. I understand. I admit it sounds weird too. But geuss what peels are full of? Terpenes and powerful super-flavonoids. Combine those with hemp, and you are on your way to creating some fine plant magick.
Citrus peels such as oranges, limes, and tangerines are high in powerful antioxidants which reduce your bad cholesterol. They are 20 times more powerful than the antioxidants found within the juice itself. The peels also boast anti-cancer, anti-allergenic, and anti-inflammatory agents. All things we need in our lives right now!
However, it must be said that citrus oils from peels can be hard on the stomach for those who are sensitive. It is therefore recommended to dilute the juice with filtered water, pour over ice, or mix with selzter water. That way you can enjoy the health boosting effects without any tummy troubles.
You can make the adult version by adding hemp salt. But salt, in juice, really?! Just a pinch really compliments the celery and sweet fruits in this drink. While adding important trace minerals to your drink. Salt also is important for your delicate electrolyte balance. Enjoy!
Mise en place:
- Half bunch of organic celery
- 6 organic Navel oranges with peel on
- 6 organic Navel oranges without peel
- 6 organic tangerines
- 3 organic limes with peel on
- 3 organic lime with peel off
- 4 sweet organic apples of your choice
- 1 pinch hemp infused sea salt
- Cut up the apples leaving the skin on, then put through the juicer with celery.
- Now juice the limes with the juice flowing on one side of the container.
- Now juice the oranges and tangerines on the other side of the container. This creates a two-tone color drink.
- Pour into glasses and serve. If you want an adult version, add a pinch of CBD salt and stir.
- You can dilute with a little water, pour over ice, or mix with seltzer water for people with sensitive stomachs.
Lastly, CBD can interact with some medications. Generally the rule of thumb is, if your medication interacts with grapefruit, don’t take CBD. Always check with your doctor before consuming CBD.
A study came out recently that suggests CBD may lower immune function in those with immune diseases. However, there is not enough data with more studies to have a solid answer on this. The study itself still had too many variables that were not addressed such as dosage, full spectrum/broad spectrum/isolate benefits or disadvantages, ect. And as herbalists and doctors can both say, the dosage is important. Therefore, ask your doctor and use to lowest dosage possible that your body benefits and gets results from. Less, is better.Share this: