The American Cannabis “Romulan” Ho-Ho Cupcake
Suggested Strain: “Romulan” 100% Indica Pungent sweet and spicy tones. The pungently sweet Romulan strain, which also has spicy tones, pairs so well with the richness of the chocolate cake and ganache topping. This little cake is a decadent and rich way to satisfy a chocolate or sweet tooth craving.
- 3.5 grams of finely ground Cannabis “Romulan”.
- 2 eggs
- 1 extra-large piping bag full of heavy whipped cream or vanilla buttercream
- 1 ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons non-medicated room temperature butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl add the sugar and room temperature butter. Stir the sugar and butter together then add the vanilla extract, almond extract, half of the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and 2 eggs. Now add the rest of the flour followed by the milk then stir or whisk until the batter becomes smooth and creamy. Add the dosed ground decarboxylated Romulan then fold the cake batter until evenly distributed.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake papers and preheat your oven to 350°F. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way full then place into the oven to bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes completely on a wire rack then pipe either heavy whipped cream or vanilla buttercream into each cupcake. If you want a light airy cupcake use the heavy whipped cream to fill the center of the cupcakes, but if you want a dense luscious center use the vanilla buttercream for your cupcakes. Start by pressing the piping tip into the middle of the cake from the top and slowly pressing the piping bag.
- Allow the filling to slightly expand the cupcake but stop before the cupcake filling blows out. Place all filled cupcakes on a rack and set aside until your ganache is done.
- Place the chocolate chips in metal bowl while bringing the heavy cream to a boil in a sauce pan. Once the cream comes to a boil pour over the chocolate chips and whisk or stir until the ganache sauce forms. Dip each cupcake top into the ganache and then set back onto the wire rack to set. Plate and serve.
Product Yield: 20 cupcakes
How to properly decarboxylize cured buds:
Preheat your oven to 220°F. Take a baking sheet and lay your ground up medical cannabis buds onto the sheet making sure that it is evenly dispersed. Place the baking sheet into the oven uncovered and heat for 25 minutes. Pull the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool completely.
Excerpt from The Ganja Kitchen Revolution: The Bible of Cannabis Cuisine. And published in Cannabis Now Magazine issue 4 pg. 70Share this: