Elvis’ AK-47 Banana Bread
Elvis was not only widely famous for his music but also for his love of peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches. This may seem like a strange combination to some but the reality is all three flavors compliment each other very well creating a devilishly delicious sandwich. I decided to take this combination of flavors and create a sweet bread version of this famous sandwich. AK-47 adds a fruity skunk taste to the mix that deepens the flavor profiles taking this sweet bread to another level of goodness.
AK-47 is a sativa dominant hybrid that relaxes the body while promoting creativity, euphoria, peacefulness, and a sense of ease. This strain also helps to regulate mood and stomach disorders such as nausea. When AK-47 is infused into banana bread it becomes the perfect treat to indulge in on a lazy day or just before bed with a large glass of milk to help ease the body into sleep.
Mise en place:
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil of any kind except extra virgin olive oil infused with 8 grams AK-47 flower
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan. In a skillet crisp the bacon, drain and then set aside.
- Take a medium sized bowl and mash the bananas. Mix the sugar and eggs into the banana mixture. Add the flour, oil, cannabis, baking soda, salt, allspice, and nutmeg until incorporated. Pour this mixture into a bread pan and tap the pan on a counter to release any air bubbles.
- In the microwave heat up the chocolate peanut butter until liquid and gently drizzle 1/4 of the mixture over the banana bread mixture. Set aside and reserve the other 1/4 of the peanut butter until the very end.
- Take 2 slices of bacon and crumble over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Pull the banana bread from the oven and drizzle the rest of the chocolate peanut butter over the top. Crumble the remaining 2 slices of bacon over the top. Or you can crumble all three bacon pieces over the top of the mixture, then top with the remaining piece. Whatever you prefer. This sweet bread yields 8 servings at 1 gram of activated flower per serving. Enjoy with a big glass of milk, tea or coffee.
Photo by Marta Podkul.Share this: