Category Archive: Blog

My bacterial bronchitis has been pretty bad, luckily, the ZPak seemed to do the trick. The whole state of Washington has been experiencing bacterial and viral bronchitis and pneumonia paired with severe allergies. So it seems everyone is sick with the plauge! I am going to go in for a follow up appointment as my […]

Day 7: Today was rough, a cold I have been fighting off before I started this diet turned into Bronchitis which went a little south. So I am now on a Z-Pak and using my inhaler as my exercise induced asthma has been triggered by the lung issues. Blah! Surprisingly, even though I have been […]

Miso soup is a life saver on this diet as it breaks the monotony of cold beverages throughout the day. It also supplies your body with much needed nutrients, salt, protien, and essential nutrients. Miso is rich in B Vitamins, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, and folic acid. And because it is fermented, it provides food […]

Day 5: I am learning to manage my junk food cravings better. However, the smell of wholesome foods are starting to get to me. Roasting pablano peppers yesterday for Cinco De Mayo was driving me absolutely insane. I actually felt my mouth salivating as the smell was wafting through the air as they were roasting […]

Day 3: I have been going through some insane junk food cravings. Pizza, chips, French fries, cookies, brownies, and foods that I don’t even eat anymore! I didn’t realize how badly Vegan junk food affects the body. Just because it is Vegan, doesn’t mean that the cookie is magically more wholesome than a non-vegan cookie. […]

This diet seems a bit daunting, but the truth is sometimes we think we are eating healthy, when in truth we are not. Sure, I was eating a 75% raw, gluten-free, plant based diet – but I started to choose unhealthy Vegan junk food for my remaining 25% of the day. There were even some […]

This diet isn’t a fad or some miracle 30 day weight loss promise, so leave all your preconceived notions at the door. The 40 Day CBD Smoothie Challenge is about incorporating the joys of cannabis into a healthy lifestyle and hitting the reset button on our bodies. Through nutritious balanced smoothies, exercise, and CBD supplements; […]

You scream, I scream, we all scream, for Vegan Kava Banana Nice Cream! A wonderfully delicious and healthy dairy free option – this creamy dessert is sure to please even the most die hard ice cream lover. A smooth blend of frozen bananas, full-fat coconut milk, vanilla, sunflower seed butter, and kava powder – this […]

Kava has been a popular drink in the Pacific Islands for over 3,000 years. Today, kava is still traditionally enjoyed for various ceremonies, rituals, formal and family functions, and social events. Each culture within the Pacific Islands has their own rules and etiquette when it comes to drinking this wonderful tonic. How is Kava made […]

Paleo 101

July 06 , 2018 by Jessica Catalano - in Blog

What exactly is the Paleo diet you ask? It is a dietary plan based loosely around what a caveman could hunt and gather during the Paleolithic period. Its premise is that this is a healthier way to eat and that the dawn of the agricultural farming revolution started major health issues we are dealing with […]

THE CBD PALEO DIET

July 06 , 2018 by Jessica Catalano - in Blog

THE CBD PALEO DIET On July 6, 2018, I embarked on the Paleo Diet in conjunction with CBD. I set the intention to follow this diet in hopes of healing inflammation in my digestive tract as well as inflammation from previously diagnosed medical conditions. So far, the Paleo diet has proved it’s weight in gold. […]

Keto to Paleo

July 06 , 2018 by Jessica Catalano - in Blog

Food diets are just as introspective as the best homegrown weed.My time on the Ketogenic Diet was such a learning experience. I lost rapid weight, let go of excess water retention, and developed healthier eating habits. Unfortunately, the diet was not for me. Keto was too restrictive when it came to carbohydrate counts and natural […]

”CannabisEdibles