Lamb is a common meat used in Moroccan cuisine, and in this dish it is flavored with an intricate array of spices and herbs. Most lamb is either cooked in a tajine, over the fire, stewed in a pot or baked into a pastilla. The […]
Month: May 2014
Spring rolls are commonly known as “summer rolls” in Vietnam. These rolls can be filled with a variety of fresh ingredients that reflect the freshness of the spring and summer months. Lemon Kush’s lemony taste with floral and mint undertones deepens the flavors in this dish because of the similar taste profiles in the food items. Enjoy as an appetizer or even as a light meal.
- 16 small sprigs Thai basil
- 16 mint leaves
- 8 rice wrappers
- 8 servings of dosed decarboxylated Lemon Kush kief
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups chopped lettuce mix of your choice
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- In a medium sized ramekin mix all of the ingredients listed under the dipping sauce section until well combined. Cover then set aside to let the flavors deepen.
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in hot water until fully soft or according to directions on the package. Drain, divide into 8 small portions and set aside.
- Now soak the rice papers in hot water until fully soft or according to directions on the package. Place one portion of vermicelli noodle down on one corner of the rice paper leaving a little room.
- Slice 1 avocado into 8 sections and set aside. Place 1 slice of avocado on top of the vermicelli noodle. Divide the chopped lettuce mix into 8 portions or ¼ cup each. Spread 1 portion of chopped lettuce mixture onto the avocado. Divide the shredded carrot into 8 portions or 1 tablespoon each. Spread 1 portion of the shredded carrot on top of the chopped lettuce mixture. Place two springs of Thai basil on top of the shredded carrot follow by two mint leaves.
- Take 1 dose of dosed decarboxylated Lemon Kush kief and divide it into two. Sprinkle half of the dosed decarboxylated Lemon Kush kief and save the other half for the next spring roll. Remember, there will be 4 servings with 2 spring rolls per serving. Flip both sides of the rice paper over then roll from the bottom of the spring roll forward to encase the filling. Plate with the dipping sauce and serve.
Even though this is an appetizer dish, it is designed for a full dose per serving due to its versatility in being potentially used for a light lunch or light dinner dish. If you plan on making a medicated dish to follow these spring rolls as appetizers you can lower the medication by cutting each dose in half.
Excerpt from The Ganja Kitchen Revolution: The Bible of Cannabis Cuisine. And published in Cannabis Now Magazine issue 4 pg. 70Share this: