Migraines are the bane of many peoples existence. They come rolling into existence at any time of the day, sometimes sudden or sometimes with warning. The pain can be so severe that many people feel like an ice pick is being drilled into their skull…
Month: January 2014
Imagine trekking a long hike through the Rocky Mountains during the crisp season of Fall. Golden Aspen leaves paint bright hues in patches across the landscape as low laying clouds hang languidly over your head causing a drowsy overcast. Dew hangs in little beads all…
Sativa Dominant Hybrid Strain Chocolope suggested for best taste and results.
Sativa Dominant Hybrid – 95% Sativa 5% Indica Chocolate with sweet fruit and smoky notes. Chocolope lends a deep chocolate flavor with hints of sweet fruit and a faint smokiness that makes these brownies taste like the real deal. Brownies were originally introduced into the dessert world in the United States in the late 19th century. They rose to popularity because of they were a tasty hybrid between a cake and a cookie. The goal of this recipe is to create a recipe that reflects the popularity of the raw foods movement in the United States that tasted like a brownie but was a healthier option. Sit back and relax while enjoying these brownies with either a big glass of milk, coconut milk, coffee or even tea.
Mise en place for raw brownies:
- 1 cup of mixed walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts
- 1 cup rolled dates in coconut flakes
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons non-medicated raw coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or clover honey or agave
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch crushed sea salt
Mise en place for raw frosting
- ½ cup Cannabis Raw Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor for the raw brownie add the mixed nuts, rolled dates, cocoa powder, flax seeds, raw coconut oil, honey or agave, vanilla extract, almond extract and sea salt.
- Process this mixture until it is well combined and creates a very moist crumbly mixture.
- Spread this mixture evenly into an 8 x 8 square pan and then press the mixture into the pan with a flat hand. Keep pressing with a flat hand until the mixture compresses evenly.
Now in a separate bowl for the raw frosting combine the Cannabis Raw Coconut Oil, agave nectar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Whip with a spoon or whisk until the frosting comes together and becomes uniform in texture. After about 5 minutes of whipping your frosting by hand pour it directly onto the pan mixture and smooth it out evenly with a spoon. Put the pan into the fridge and let it set for 1 hour. Pull from the fridge after your time is up and score into 8 brownies with a knife. Store your raw brownies in a container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
8 servings. Your dose per serving will depend on the medication strength you picked.
Excerpt from The Ganja Kitchen Revolution: The Bible of Cannabis Cuisine. And published in Cannabis Now Magazine issue 4 pg. 70Share this:
“Cooking is like love: It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” — Harriet van Horne. The holidays are the perfect time for sharing special homemade treats with loved ones and deepening bonds through the expression of food. Galettes are rustic and…